Elegia is an English label operating mainly in Italy, which until now devoted his activity to Organ repertoire, with some of the most interesting Italian soloists. In the next future Elegia will open his horizons to other musical fields, starting new collaborations with early music festivals and opening a new series based on unknown work of the authors of the Neapolitan School of 17th and 18th Centuries.
Die Veröffentlichungen des Labels "Elegia Classics"
Die Übersicht über die Publikationen des Labels Elegia ist noch nicht vollständig, wird aber stetig erweitert.
||Bach "Christmas Organ Music"
Around the birth of 'the saviour' Bach composed a variety of musical themes with different flavours and functions, often coming back to the same chorale scheme, sometimes creating completely original pages.
Throughout such a great diversity of textures and colours stand out as constants the emotions of joy and astonishment surrounding the mystery of Jesus Christ's birth . Pipe-organ teacher from Alessandria conservatory “A. Vivaldi” Letizia Romiti offers in this CD some of the best known pages from memorables Bach's Christmas compositions.
- Preludio e Fuga in Do maggiore BWV 531
- Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland [Vieni, Salvatore delle genti] BWV 659
- In dulci jubilo BWV 729
- Pastorale in Fa (Pastorella) BWV 590
- Das alte Jahre vergangen ist [Il vecchio anno è passato] BWV 614
- In dir ist Freude [In te è la gioia] BWV 615
- Variazioni Canoniche “Vom Himmel Hoch, da komm ‘ich her” [“Io vengo dall’alto dei cieli“] BWV 769
German Romantic Composers
This CD opens with Mendelessohn's (1809-1847) prelude and fuga in C minor Op. 37. The severity in the fuga reveals the solid counterpoints skills owned who managed to bring back to apogee J.S. Bach's music. This is forerun by emphasised violins hints within the moving prelude. The fervent farewell to J. Brahms's (1833-1897) life and music is here portrayed from well-known 'preludio al corale' 'Herzlich tut mich verlangen' N.10, from choral preludes 122, written in the very last years of Hamburg composer's life. Shuman's “Symphony Sketches” (1810-1856) draw inspiration from the “piano with foot pedals” instrument used to practice by pipeorgans players at thath time. The pleasant results of these preconditions descend clearly from piano frameworks, which find complete fulfilment in the "king of musical instruments", great variety of tones and textures.
Liechtenstein born Josef Gabriel Rheinberger (1839-1901) was a highly prolific composer. Nowadays he is remembered mostly for his remarkable pipe-organ works and in particular for his twenty “Sonate”.
From the 11th sonata is drawn the mellow Cantilène, sweet melody entrusted to oboe tones. Sigfrid Karg-Elert (1877-1933) was active both as performer and teacher and he developed a well pronounced impressionist musical style. His appellative “pipe-organ Debussy” hail from his music seductive shades and courageous modulations. The powerful and triumphal march “Nun danket alle Gott” op. 65 is one of his most famous and well achieved compositions. The conclusion of this collection, consecrated to German Romanticism, couldn't miss to homage the great Max Reger (1873-1916) here represented from the sinuous and stunning Melodia op.59 N. 11 and from the powerful Improvisation from Sonata opera 60 in D minor.
- F. Mendelssohn (1809–1847): Preludio e Fuga in Do minore op.37
- J. Brahms (1833–1897): Preludio al corale “Herzlich tut mich verlangen” op.122 n.10
- J. Brahms (1833–1897): Preludio e Fuga in La minore WoO9
- R. Schumann (1810–1856): Schizzi Sinfonici op.58
- J. Rheinberger (1839–1901): Cantilène (dalla Sonata n.11)
- S. Karg-Elert (1877–1903): Marcia trionfale sopra “Nun danket alle Gott” op.65
- M. Reger (1873 – 1916): Melodia op.59 n.11
- M. Reger (1873 – 1916): Improvisation (dalla Sonata op.60 in Re minore)
Giuseppe Gherardeschi - Complete organ music
Giuseppe Gherardeschi was born in Pistoia November 3rd, 1759. He was baptized the day after in the baptistery of his own Cathedral, where his father was maestro di cappella at least since 1775 and where he was appointed organist from 1755 to 1771. Giuseppe learnt the first principle of music from his own father and from his uncle Filippo Maria, pupil of Padre Martini in Bologna. This background was completed in Naples at the famous Conservatorio della Pietà detta de’ Turchini as a student of its director school Nicola Sala (1713-1801), a pupil of Leonardo Leo and renowned teacher with pupils like Giacomo Tritto and Gaspare Spontini. Back in Pistoia, Giuseppe was appointed organist at Madonna dell’Umiltà church where, in 1783, probably during his duty, the organbuilders Tronci built an organ inside a monumental six-seventeenth case. In 1785 he was admitted as first soprano in the Cathedral chapel and, at the same time, as a substitute of his father, who was the director, but suffered from physical impotence. With his father’s death, in 1800, he became the holder maestro di cappella until he passed away. He died in Pistoia August 6th, 1815.
Organo G. Agati (1820), Limite sull'Arno (FI)
- Per Offertorio [in re maggiore] P. I, 4
- Per Elevazione [in re maggiore] P. I, 5
- Per il Postcomunio [in re maggiore] P. I, 6
- Tre Versetti solenni
- Offertorio [in do maggiore] P. I, 7
Organo P. Agati (1797), Vignole di Quarrata (PT)
- Elevazione [in do maggiore] P. I, 8
- Postcomunio [in do maggiore] P. I, 9
- Rondò [in sol maggiore] P. IV, I
- Tre Versetti concertati
- Cantabile per il Traverso solo con Clarone nei bassi P. IV, 3
- Postcomunio. Rondò P. IV, 2
- Elevazione [in Elafà] P. X
Organo P. Agati (1789), Bargi (BO)
- Pastorale [I] P. XII, 1
- Pastorale [II] P. XII, 2
- Per Benedizione P. I, 2
- Per Benedizione P. I, 1
Organo C. Romani, 1587; P. Agati, 1776; G. e N. Agati, 1824; L. e C. Tronci, 1856, Gavinana (PT)
- Offertorio [in Bfà] P. IX
- Tre Versetti per il Gloria (dalla Messa in Elafà)
- Andantino per Benedizione P. VII, 22
- [Fuga] P. XIII
- Avanti il Tantum Ergo P. I, 3
- Sonata per organo a guisa di banda militare che suona una marcia P. III
||J.S. Bach - Transcriptions for saxophone and organ
Since the 19th century Bach’s music has been source for endless interpretations, transcriptions and adaptations: Bach’s perfect proportions and counterpoints have been played trough years on all kinds of instruments. The project “Riverberi” is giving his particular contribution on this compact disc, exploring Bach’s repertoire from an unusual point of view: the sax soprano (an instrument that Bach couldn’t know because invented later on) .
- Concerto in Fa maggiore BWV 978 (trascrizione da Vivaldi, Op. 3, N. 3, RV 310)
- Preludio al corale «Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme» BWV 645
- Variazioni Goldberg BWV 988
- Aria «Qui sedes» (dalla Messa in Si minore BWV 232)
- Trio Sonata I BWV 525
- Largo ma non tanto (dal Concerto in Re minore BWV 1043)
- Aria «Mein gläubiges Herze» (dalla Cantata «Also hat Gott die Welt geliebt» BWV 68)
- Sinfonia 7 in Mi minore BWV 793
- Toccata e fuga in Re minore BWV 565 (organ solo)
- Corale «Jesus bleibet meine Freude» (dalla Cantata «Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben» BWV 147)
- Preludio al corale «Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier» BWV 731
L’Organo Jaquot della Cattedrale di Catania
Elegia opens, with this amazing and beautiful CD, a new collection dedicated to the Italian organs, that will allow to discover some of the most interesting instruments of our country, thanks to a repertoire thought for emphasize its technique and expressive resources. For the first volume the choice was the huge Jaquot organ of Catania Cathedral, a massive instrument built in 1877 and restored in 2014. Diego Cannizzaro, organ player who performed Office Divin by Filippo Capocci and two volumes of the complete collection about Pietro Alessandro Yon, selected a fascinating anthology of French and Italian authors, combining Sonata op.56 n.3 by Alexandre Guilmant and two suites of the unknown Nicolas Couturier to a series of pages by Marco Enrico Bossi, king of the Italian organ between the end of the XIX and the beginning of the XX century, Capocci and Pietro Branchina, making homage to Vincenzo Bellini, immortal glory of Catania. A CD that will conquer both the passionate and the connoisseurs.
- Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911) - Sonata op. 56 n.3
- Nicolas Couturier (1840-1911) - Suite de trois pièce
- Nicolas Couturier (1840-1911) - Suite de quatre pièces
- Gaston Belier (1863-1938) - Toccata
- Vincenzo Bellini (1801-1835) - Canone
- Filippo Capocci (1840-1911) - Scherzo sinfonico
- Marco Enrico Bossi (1861-1925) - Dafne e Cloe
- Marco Enrico Bossi (1861-1925) - Resurrection
- Pietro Branchina (1876-1953) - Capriccio per organo
Padre Davide da Bergamo - Organ symphonies vol.1
Within Italian’s organ tradition, symphonic music represents a way out from the classic liturgical context opening the gates to concert use. Giovanni Morandi (1777-1856) brought symphonies to their greatest formal point with his several organ compositions, but he always remained a step behind from Padre Davide regarding the orchestral use of the organ. In fact he was still bounded to 18th century small organs while Padre Davide deeply knew the new “modern” instruments crafted by his fellow citizens Bossi and Serassi.
Padre Davide composed a number of symphonies, most of them printed in the two major collections 15 Pezzi and 12 Sonate, the first composed for the inauguration of S. Maria di Campagna’s organ in Piacenza and the second published by G. Canti in 1845. Others were published posthumous by Vismara in 1865-67.
This CD offers a significant glimpse of Padre Davide’s symphonies, all taken from the Vismara’s collection. Among the others the Gran Sinfonia in C minor stands out for its particular structure: the slow introduction usually limited to few bars here is extended in a big section with three movements (allegro-larghetto-allegro); moreover the second theme, usually cantabile, here is allegro, so not in contrast with the previous one.
- Gran Sinfonia in do min
- Sinfonia in Do Magg
- Sinfonia in Do Magg
- Sinfonia in Si bemolle Magg
- Sinfonia in Re Magg. Largo
- Sinfonia marziale in Re Magg
- Sinfonia in Re Magg. / re min
Padre Davide da Bergamo - Organ symphonies vol.2
- Sinfonia in Re Maggiore
- Sinfonia in Re Maggiore
- Sinfonia in Re Maggiore
- Sinfonia in Mi Maggiore
- Sinfonia in Do minore
- Sinfonia in Re Maggiore
- Gran Sinfonia in Re Maggiore
Pietro Alessandro Yon - Complete organ music vol. 4
Organ Sonatas by Pietro Alessandro Yon (Settimo Vittone, 1866 – Huntington, 1943) are the most cultured compositions among his entire organ corpus.
- Sonata Prima
- Sonata cromatica (seconda)
- Sonata romantica (terza)
Spanish Organ Fantasy
And nobody could be so mad not to pay his fantasies to the genius of Antonio de Cabezón. He was understood in this way not only in Spain, but also in Flanders and Italy, places where he lived, serving and following the catholic king Don Felipe our Sir, by whom he was deeply loved and highly considered than any other man of such quality could be by any other king.”
Proemio to Obras de música (Madrid, 1578)
- Antonio de Cabezón (1510-1566): Tiento IX de quinto tono
- Antonio de Cabezón: Beata viscera Mariae Virginis
- Antonio de Cabezón: Diferencias sobre la Pavana Italiana
- Antonio de Cabezón: Pavana con su Glosa
- Antonio de Cabezón: D'où vient cela
- Antonio de Cabezón: Diferencias sobre el «Canto del Cavallero»
- Antonio de Cabezón: Otras diferencias de Vacas
- Juan de Cabezón (1515-1566): Pues a mi, desconsolado
- Hernando de Cabezón (1541-1602): Doulce memoriae (Chançon de Pierre Sandrin)
- Antonio Carreira (1529/30-1587/97): Cançao a Quatro glosada
- Manuel Rodrigues Coelho (1555-1635): Primeira Susana glosada a 4 sobre a de 5
- Francisco Correa de Arauxo (1584-1654): Tercero Tiento de Quarto Tono
- Francisco Correa de Arauxo: Quinto Tiento de medio registro de tiple de Séptimo Tono
- Francisco Correa de Arauxo: Tiento de Décimo Tono
- Juan Bautista Cabanilles: Xácara
Versandkosten "Elegia Classics":
Es entstehen 3,90 € Versandkosten pauschal.
Bestellungen an eine ausländische Lieferadresse:
Versand nach Belgien, Niederlande, Frankreich, Luxemburg, Österreich, Schweiz, United Kingdom, Schweden, Dänemark:
Wir berechnen die Versandkosten pauschal mit 21,90 € pro Bestellung.
Versand restliche Länder der Welt:
Wir berechnen die Versandkosten pauschal mit 52,90 € pro Bestellung.
Die Zahlung ist innerhalb von 7 Tagen fällig.
Zahlung per Vorkasse oder Paypal ist auch möglich.